Responsible for data analysis and archival strategies and activities to support R&D programs and product development. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of statistical and computational techniques to potential inventions, products, and problems. Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories. Makes creative and effective contributions to scientific partnerships, collaborations, literature, and conferences. Participates in development of patent applications. Serves as an in-house expert and advises senior management.
- Conceives, plans, designs and conducts research in algorithm development and statistical analysis.
- Leads analysis activities for multiple discovery programs, product development, and methods/processes. Identifies and solves technical challenges and implements improvements to work processes.
- Designs, plans and executes project tasks. Designs and executes experiments to test hypotheses related to project outcomes. Applies advanced scientific knowledge to projects; determines priorities for experiments. Assures experimental quality through sound, independent, experimental design.
A PhD in Science, Computer Science, Computational Biology, Mathematics, or Statistics plus 2 or more years relevant experience or a Master's degree plus 6 or more years relevant experience. Preferred candidates will have experience with statistical software packages such as R or S-plus, scripting language such as Perl or Python, and/or procedural programming language. Expertise in manipulation and management of large-scale data sets and/or data mining techniques for oligonucleotide microarray, next generation sequencing, and genotyping technologies is highly desirable.
- Broad knowledge of techniques in statistics and computational biology and is skilled in their application. Must be able to work independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Track record of demonstrated success in achieving goals in a specific timeframe and in a fast-paced environment. Flexible to adjust to project needs and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of searching scientific literature to gain general and specific information. Proven ability to apply technical writing skills to create reports, documents, and presentations.
- Possesses strong data analysis, troubleshooting, and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit CVs to email@example.com